Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Overnight Oats??

Who has ever heard of overnight oats?  Not this momma.  Until recently, that is :)  I eat oatmeal every single morning.  Someone asked me if I had ever tried overnight oats and how it might help with our morning rush.

Please tell me more :)

Evidently, it is so super simple.  You just mix up what you would normally put in your oatmeal the night before, stick it in the fridge overnight and eat it in the morning.  Simple right?  I just had to try it out for myself and see what this was all about.

I got out my ingredients:
Put everything in my bowl like I normally would do for my normal cooked oatmeal:

 Add cooked apples and give it a nice stir and then placed in fridge before bed:
Woke up to see the oats had soaked up the water.  But how does it taste?  Upon first bite~ it was super cold.  Not my liking.  But never fear, you can simply just heat up.  You don't have to cook it, just warm it.  Second bite~ I am in love.  The raisins are nice and plump and the flavors- oh my:)  They blended together so nicely.  I never realized the flavors I was missing eating it cooked every morning.

Now I am going to experiment with different fruits and flavors :)  I can hardly contain my excitement :)

Have you ever tried overnight oats?  Does anyone have a recipe they want to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment