Thursday, June 11, 2015

Our Adventures in Container Gardening

I just realized that I haven't done a gardening update since we've been back from vacation.

I wasn't sure how my small container garden was going to hold up.  Hubby accidentally forgot to tell the cat sitter when she came by for the key that we even had a garden out back.  So sadly, my garden didn't get watered for 8 whole days :(  I prayed that it rained.

I was very surprised upon arriving at home, my garden was still hanging on.  I have been able to baby it since we have been home, that seems to have helped :)

Here are some pictures of our small backyard container garden:
My whole container garden :)
Cherry tomatoes gone wild :)
Was so happy to see a green pepper, not so happy to see the birds are enjoying my peppers also.
Red Pepper babies :)
Green beans~ WOOHOO :)
Cucumbers- yea!!
My cucumber plant decided to really go wild and we got a trellis.  Not a very good one but a cheap one that will do the trick until we get a better one.  I also have a zuchinni pod to plant.  So very excited.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the plants will do well this year.  We are also in the beginning of rainy season so that helps keep my container garden well watered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment