Monday, September 1, 2014

Our Menu Plan for the week of 08/31/2014

Can you believe August is over?  It came and went entirely way too fast :(

Since my Aldi's post, I have been thinking whether or not it would be worth the drive since we don't have an Aldi's in this county.  My concern is that I make the long drive and may be disappointed by what I find.  Not ever going to one, I have no idea what the store is even like.  I keep tossing the idea back and forth in my head.

I came across a blog where the author planned 25 dinner meals, shopped at Aldi's and spent below $150.  I was very curious as I read :)

I decided to copy her list and see what the same ingredients would cost me using the stores and sales I have available in my area:)  Let's see how it turns out:) 

Breakfast
Pancakes X2
Dark Chocolate Granola X2
Applesauce muffins X2
Egg with fruit
Fruity green smoothie- this will be my breakfast all week

Lunch- Our usual
Salad with homemade ranch dressing and a banana for me and hubby
Sandwich with homemade bread, grapes and peanuts for everyone else

Dinner
Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and corn on the cob
Chicken Noodle Soup
Spaghetti with green beans and garlic bread
Waffles and fruit
Black beans and rice with corn
Mushroom Fritatta
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken with spinach

Snacks
"Creeper" Cupcakes leftover from little Michael's bday
Oranges
Popcorn
Peaches
Plums
Pickles
Grapes
Carrots
Celery

No comments:

Post a Comment