Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dancing in the rain :)

Last week was a crazy week for us.  We found out Michael's grandfather passed away, had a Financial Peace class at church on Wednesday, found out the funeral arrangements, had to figure out how to get to PA for the funeral since I don't trust my van to make the long drive, finally ordered all the homeschool books, called the cat sitter and had her come out to the new house.  Throw in grocery shopping, laundry, packing and getting things done around here~ it was crazy.

One evening, I was in the kitchen making dinner and Michael was arranging the garage.  The boys were all involved in something and I had a few seconds of quiet.  It doesn't happen often.  I will take it when I can get it, even if it is in the middle of cooking dinner :)

I remember listening to the rain pitter patter on the roof.  I love that peaceful sound.  Then the silence broke~ my 5 year old yelled down the hall, "Mom come here.  I want to show you something."

This is what I found:
 A drenched sweet little one :)

I asked him what he was doing and he told me~ playing in the rain.  I ran inside and got my camera.

As I sat outside and watched my carefree 5 year old play in the rain, it hit me~ the house doesn't need to be cleaned right NOW, the dishes don't need to be washed right NOW, the laundry doesn't need to be done right NOW.  What I need to do right NOW was to watch my son, love my son and play with him in the rain.


Life will go right back to normal when I get back to it.  Sometimes you just NEED to play in the rain.  Sometimes you NEED to act like a carefree 5 year old and just enjoy life and just have fun.

One thing I learned from my mom and Michael's grandfather is today is a blessing.  Being with my family is a blessing.  Tomorrow is never promised to anyone.  Take the time to enjoy life~ play with your family, love on your family and play in the rain.  Life will be there when you get back to it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment