Thursday, September 11, 2014

Saturday Family Fun

What did we do this Saturday?  I really wanted to venture out and explore some more of this interesting state we live in.  Unfortunately, we did not get to explore :(

Chris rode his bike to the library and didn't listen to his all wise and smart mother and did not put on sunscreen.  He got really super duper burnt.  Poor thing, it hurt to move, let alone put on a shirt.  Plus my allergies were in full force and I just wasn't feeling well myself.  So, we decided to stay at home.

One thing I have wanted to get going but haven't had a chance to is my garden.  I couldn't wait to find just the right spot for my awesome garden.  We hunted and hunted and are sad to report that there is no good spot to plant a garden.  So, we will continue to container garden and see how they like the weather over here:)

When we moved over here, I had 3 containers left~ cherry tomato, regular tomato and green pepper.  They are still alive :)  We have added to our container garden.  I have a squash plant and a lemon cucumber plant~ not sure of the lemon cucumber but it sounds interesting so we shall see :)  I also finally planted my green bean seed and some cucumber seeds and are quite happy with what as sprouted already.  I normally don't have any luck with seeds but it seems my brown thumb may be changing colors :)  Maybe :)

So far, the plants seems to like the partial shaded back yard.  So far so good :)
My green bean babies are growing up~ I am so proud :)
My baby cucumber plant
Squash

Lemon cucumber plant
Green Pepper plant

Tomatoes
For all those wandering, Christopher's nasty sunburn has healed nicely.  Is he slathering on the sunscreen, you might ask????  Why of course not, he is a teenager/young adult and knows everything~ LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment