Thursday, August 14, 2014

Our Family Fun Saturday :)

It made sense in my head.  We closed on our house in late June.  That way, we could take our time and move stuff over at our leisure.  At least, that is what I had planned.  I had no idea of the feelings I would be feeling as soon as they placed our new house keys in our hands :)

I must confess, a week before closing, I started packing up non essentials :)  The day after we got our keys, Chris and I were making up to 4 trips back and forth to the house.  We took out the back seats and loaded my van up.  I wish I had taken pictures, there was so much to move.  Then we would unload and do it again.  We had made the few repairs we needed to make.
The once, taking our time to move in feeling was gone and I wanted to be in our new house as soon as possible.  I couldn't wait.  I was like a kid on Christmas morning patiently waiting- LOL :)  Hubby and I rented a Uhaul and loaded all the big furniture in.
Little Michael wanted to help and was quite excited when we told him he could take the couch cushions off the couch and throw them on the floor.  That made his day:
Nathan didn't want to do anything but decided to hide out while we packed:
I wish I could say our move went perfectly and we had no issues- that would be nice but not likely given our strand of luck:)  Chris and I were taking over the dresser drawers and the dishes, etc that we needed.  Everything was going fine that is until the radio went out in my van, no biggie.  Then the gauges on my dashboard started going crazy.  Fuel gauge full, empty, full, empty.  Speedometer was reading I was going 120 even though I was stopped at a stop sign.  It was rather freaky and so not cool :(  I went to go through the intersection and my car died, right in the middle of the intersection.  Scared the daylights out of both Chris and I.  Then like nothing happened, it cut back on :(  It did not want to make it back to the rental but we did finally.  Told hubby what was going on and handed him the keys, I was not driving this thing to the mechanic.  Pause on moving :(

Luckily, we have a wonderful mechanic who let us use his car to get hubby's work truck, so were weren't stranded at the shop.  Unfortunately, he couldn't find anything wrong with my van :(  I told you it was possessed :)  LOL :)

Back to moving, we finally get the Uhaul packed and after only 2 Uhaul trips, we are finally moved into our new house- yay :)  We love living here.  The cats are adjusting quite well and love our big new lanai:
Michael loves being able to eat at the breakfast bar:
Kevin loves that there is a canal across the street and has been going fishing every chance he can:
The younger boys seemed a little too excited about a bathroom being on the lanai:
Some of my loves include the screened in front door area, my kitchen and let's not forget my wonderful washer and dryer :)
Since we did some major purging before moving down here, I have more cabinet space than stuff to put in them :)
I am sure it won't take too terribly long for me to fill the 2 empty cabinets with something :)
We are very blessed to be living here.  The family that lived here before us, that we got the pleasure of meeting and chatting with, is absolutely wonderful.  They left so much for us here and we are very thankful :)

Even though moving day did not go as expected and took longer than it needed to, we are very happy to finally be moved in.  Now to unpack, that is a whole different battle :)

I can't wait to see where our next family adventure takes us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment