Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Shopping Day~ 03/04/2013

Monday was a multi tasking day for us- not only did I have grocery shopping to do, I remembered that little Michael had his first ever dentist appointment bright and early Monday morning:) 

We had just come back from our weekend visit from North Carolina.  I was making my grocery list and then it hit me, the dentist never called to remind me.  Thankfully, I wrote it on the calendar.  I mentioned to my hubby that I was surprised the dentist office didn't call me to remind me of little Michael's appointment.  He responds with- oops, did I forget to tell you that they called me on my phone while I was away at work?  :) 

I was excited but still nervous about our little one's first dental appointment.  How would he be?  Would he be like Nathan and not let the dentist near him the first visit?  I love our dentist.  They introduce the kids to all the equipment and if the kids is nervous or scared and refuses- they stop and talk with them.  Then after the dentist appointment, do I do my grocery shopping or do I take little Michael home and grab Kevin and take him with me?  Michael suggested we start with Sam's Club since it was close to the dentist office and see what happens.

To my absolute surprise, little Michael did wonderful at the dentist.  He sat in the chair and let them do everything they needed to do.  All he asked for was a blue balloon:)  I was so proud.  He was so happy with his balloon and his prize from the basket for being so brave and well behaved:)  He did OK at Sam's, so we decided to see how many stores we could go to before he decided he was done and wanted to go home.  I am so happy to say that we went to all the stores we needed to go to before he told us that he was tired:)

Here are the details to our shopping day:

Sam's Club
$6.98- Juice boxes
$6.98- Juice boxes
$10.99- (2) Whole Chickens
$2.98- Carrots
$3.79- Eggs
$3.22- Crush tomato
$3.18- Ketchup
$8.98- Canola Oil
$48.28 Total after tax

Martins
$2.48- (4) loaves of markdown bread

Dollar Tree
$1.00- Hair Spray
$3.00- (3) pkgs Kleenex
$1.00- Gallon zip bags
$5.25- Total after tax

Walmart
$4.56- (2) pkgs Mozzarella Cheese
$3.30- lunchmeat
$3.92- Frozen veggies
$5.94- (3) pgks sausage
$4.56- (2) pkgs Cheddar Cheese
$1.32- String Cheese for being so good at the dentist office
$8.85- (3) gallons skim milk
$1.88- Rotini
$3.76- Spaghetti sauce
$1.26- Bananas
$0.74- Tuna fish
$2.34- Clothes hangers
$43.55- Total after tax

This shopping trip has been added to our March Monthly Spending post, where I keep track of what we spend for the month of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment