Thursday, March 7, 2013

CARBmaster Yogurt & Milk Review

We are a yogurt loving family.  I was super excited to have the opportunity to test out and review CARBmaster low carb, high protein milk drink and yogurt found exclusively at Kroger.

For those watching their carb intake, CARBmaster is a yogurt lover’s dream. It’s formulated to be lower in carbs, calories and sugar than regular yogurt.

I put the yogurt to the test.  I compared CARBmaster Strawberry yogurt to a leading Light Strawberry yogurt, which states it contains 55% fewer calories than regular lowfat yogurt and has no added sugar.

Leading Light Strawberry yogurt contains 80 calories, 14g carbs and 8g of sugar

CARBmaster Strawberry Yogurt contains 60 calories, 4g carbs and 3g of sugar

But how does it taste?

I ate the leading Light Strawberry yogurt- it was creamy, tasty and quite enjoyable.  I opened the CARBmaster Strawberry yogurt and it was also creamy, tasty and had an awesome fresh strawberry taste.  I had to look at the container to make sure I was eating the CARBmaster brand.  I couldn't tell is what lower in sugar like I can in some brands of yogurt.

I also tasted the Greek CARBmaster yogurt and realized that Greek yogurt is not for me.  I am not a thick tangy yogurt kind of girl.  But my boys scarfed it up and said it was delicious.

I was amazed to learn that the Greek & Greek lite CARBmaster yogurts have twice the protein of regular yogurt.  Greek has less lactose, half the refined sugar and is made with Stevia and real fruit.  The lite yogurt has 16g of protein and only 90 calories.

The CARBmaster milk drink is a nonfat, reduced sugar milk drink and has the same per serving nutrition as the yogurt.  It is also low in carbs and contains 11g of protein.  I tasted the vanilla milk drink and it was very sweet.  I was quite shocked it contained less sugar than the skim milk we regularly drink.

Want to see how yummy and tasty CARBmaster yogurt is?  I have 4 coupons available for Buy 3 Get 1 Free for CARBmaster yogurt and Buy 3 Get 1 Free Greek or Greek lite yogurt.  Due to the expiration date of the coupon being 03/29/2013, I don't want to hold a contest and chance that the coupons won't reach you in time before they expire.  So, the first 4 people who comment on this post, I will send 1 coupon good for Buy 3 Get 1 Free CARBmaster yogurt and 1 coupon good for Buy 3 Get 1 Free Greek or Greek lite yogurt.

**I am a BzzAgent and was provided a $10 Kroger gift card to purchase these products, so I could review them.  The opinions stated here are my very own**

No comments:

Post a Comment