Thursday, April 12, 2012

Adventures in Gardening:)

I'm so excited:)  My small garden is coming right along.  I didn't have any luck last year with lettuce or broccoli.  I didn't do enough research and later discovered that both lettuce and broccoli are spring or fall veggies and not summer veggies as I found out.

As soon as spring hit, we got our garden ready and bought lettuce and broccoli plants.  With this crazy weather, one day it is 50 and one day it is 80, I was afraid of how it would affect my plants.  I am happy to see that they seem to be adapting quite well.  Look:
My Lettuce

Broccoli
Grapes- little teeny tiny grapes:) They are so cute

More red strawberries
I am so happy to see more red in the strawberry baskets, teeny tiny baby grapes on the grape vines, lettuce looking like it is trying to form a head and not sure about the broccoli yet- it isn't doing anything yet.

We are hoping for a great garden this year.  Even though we had a few hiccups last year, we had a pretty plentiful garden and were so blessed to be able to share.

How is your garden going?  If you are planning to plant a garden this year and just haven't had the chance to start one yet~ what are you planting?

No comments:

Post a Comment