Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nathan's Surgery

It has been a long, tiring day.  Our day started at 4am this morning.  We needed to be out the door at 5am to get to the hospital at 6 am.  Poor Nathan couldn't have anything to eat or drink- poor baby was so tired and hungry.

We arrived at the hospital for Nathan's dental surgery at 6 am as we were instructed.  Got signed in and waited and waited and waited.  Luckily, his teacher's sent home his classwork and homework yesterday.  His work kept him busy instead of thinking about how hungry he was.

The dental surgery was easy and faster than the last time 5 years ago.  The nurse informed me that normally when young children go in for surgery, that when they wake up, they cry out for their mothers.  And that would be when they came to get us.  The dentist came out and told us that Nathan did really well and that he was awake and they would be calling us back soon.

I figured soon meant 5 or 10 minutes.  Nope- an hour later, I finally got to go see my son.  He looked dazed and out of it.  He started to cry.  The nurse said that it was normal.  When I asked him why he was crying, I was expecting to hear that he missed us and woke up to complete strangers by his bed and maybe that he was scared.  Nope.  He said that he was crying because the nurse wouldn't let him sit up to finish his homework.  I assured him that he would have all day to do his homework.  I guess I should be thrilled that one of my kids actually wants to do his homework:)

We were blessed to have my mother in law spend the night last night so she could help the older boys if needed and to keep little Michael at home.  They had fun. 

We came  home in time for lunch and a nap.  Nathan is doing well and was completely his good old self later in the afternoon.  What a long day:)  I am ready for bed- 3 kids in bed- 1 to go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment