Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 2012 Monthly project~ Fruit Chips

I can't believe how fast February flew by and March will be here tomorrow- oh my:)

My February project was to make apple, pear and banana chips using the handy, dandy dehydrator I got for Christmas.  This project was super simple:

Cut your fruit- the thicker the piece of fruit, the longer it takes to dry and place it on your drying tray.

Not sure why I didn't get a picture of the pears.

Once you have all the fruit you are going to use cut up and nicely laid out on your drying tray, you simply place the drying trays on top of one another and snap the locking bar in place. 

Turn the dehydrator on and walk away.  It really is that easy.  You will have to consult the instruction manual to see how long it takes to dry your fruit.  For apples, bananas and pears- the manual said 12-16 hours.  I let my dry for 12 hours and check on it to see if they need any additional drying time.  Mine did, so I left them in for a few more hours.  Once they are done drying, you unlock the bar and I put them into a ziplock bag and enjoy:) 


They make a great on the go- not too messy snack.  They look strange but taste so good.  The pears were the first to disappear.  These were a huge success in our house and the boys love taking them with their lunches.

February project~ yummy success:)

2 comments:

  1. oh man- i wish i hadnt of thrown my away- i never even tried it- but it really tasted good?
    shocking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no- I'm sorry you didn't keep your dehydrator. I am loving mine. In my future projects, I hope to make fruit roll ups and my hubby's fav jerky. It takes longer to make than it lasts in this house:) Plus I don't have to worrry about taking it in the van and who has smashed banana all over their hand and it now wiping their hands on the seat:) Take care katychick:)

      Delete