Friday, January 6, 2012

Our 2012 Goals

I know I am behind on blogging.  I am trying to get caught up but between meals, kids, potty training, mountain of laundry ( I kid you not, the mountain of laundry is taller than my 2 yr old.  But that is what happens when you are gone for a couple of weeks), homework, vet appointments- I am exhausted by the end of the day.

Here are our 2012 Goals:  (in no particular order)

1) To not eat out or at least to not pay out of pocket, with the exception of tips.  If we want to treat the family to a meal out, we will make sure we have a gift card to cover all of us.

2) Pay off 2 credit cards

3) Not to use any of our credit cards for 2012.  To pay cash for everything.

4) To lower our grocery budget.  Our current grocery budget is $400 month for our family of 6.  Our goal is to lower that amount and to save the remainder. 

5) To create a monthly meal plan for our family, to use leftovers more efficiently and to make use of everything in our pantry and freezer.

6) Unclutter the house and become more organized:)

7) Lose weight- I need to get motivated to lose this baby weight- my goal is to lose 20 lbs this year.

8) Morning devotions, prayer time and more bible reading

9) Monthly date night with hubby- whether we go out or stay at home, pop popcorn and rent a movie 

10) To spend quality family time together.  With everyones schedule and us running all over creation, I would love to spend more quality time together- no tv- us playing games, talking, enjoying each others company

11) Not to use our dryer to save on electricity and lower our electricity bill

12) To make a better effort to blog more regularly and to make a blogging schedule

13) To make much needed house repairs

14) To fix the car that is sitting in our driveway so that whoever gets their drivers license first will have a car to drive or share if they both get their license at the same time

15) To do 1 project a month and blog about it- will post the list of projects soon

What goals do you have for 2012?  I would love to hear them:)

2 comments:

  1. Teri, it's so nice to hear from you again-even if it is just by blog lol!
    Good, Lord! LM's 2?!? How time flies. I remember when you were pregnant with him... <3 I think your goals are well within reason and attainable. I'll be rooting for you!
    I think for me, my goals are to move to Arizona without having (another) melt down, and to have a healthy baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt~Sorry for not keeping in touch better. I did send you a facebook message last week. Things have been so crazy for the last 3 weeks with traveling and trying to get some things done around here. Yes, little Michael is 2 already. I can't believe how much all my boys have grown. Thanks for the encouragment on my goals. Good Luck with moving. Let me know if you need anything. I know the pregnancy hormones are probably in full swing causing your melt downs. Just relax and breathe- everything happens the way God intends it to be:) I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers for a very healthy baby and an easy labor. Love you guys- big hugs:)

    ReplyDelete