Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday:)

Yesterday was my birthday.  The morning started kind of BLAH!!!!  While I was happy that the Lord had waken me to share this day with my kids, I still felt so alone.  Michael is away on business all week and this is the first birthday I get to celebrate without my mom.  I miss her terribly.

I logged onto Facebook and was blown away by the amount of awesome birthday wishes.  It was almost like a big virtual hug and I needed that.  Thanks.  I am so blessed to have amazing family and friends, even though we are all scattered all over the United States.

I was surprised to get a phone call from my dad wishing me a happy birthday.  He usually is no good with dates and I checked, my birthday was not written on his calender.  I do believe that my mom gave him a little nudge from heaven and reminded dad to give me a call~ Thanks mom:)  That phone call made my day:)

My day went on as normal.  I guess someone forgot to tell the dust bunnies and dinner that it was my birthday.  But that is OK- I needed the distraction. 

I did get a nice birthday gift from Chris and Kevin.  They both ranked up with Air Force JRTOC.  Kevin went from Airman Basic (no rank) to Airman.
Kevin with his very first ranks:)
Christopher ranked up from Tech Sergeant to Master Sergeant.
Chris so proud of his new ranks
I wanted to get a picture of Chris with his new ranks in his uniform but as you can see that didn't happen.  He is actual in shorts.  Usually as soon as he hits the door, the uniform is coming off.  Have you ever seen the show- The Middle?  Well, Christopher is our Axl.  Except that thankfully Chris doesn't wander around the house in his boxers.  It is usually what ever he has slept in from the night before.

Nathan was happy that the tooth he has been wiggling for a while now finally fell out at school.
Nathan with his crazy look I lost my tooth face
 
Unfortunately, he lost his tooth at school and was kind of bummed out about it.  Until he learned that we were having homemade pizza for dinner on Friday- he forgot all about his lost tooth.  Got to love him:)

Even though my birthday started on a sad note it ended great.  Little Michael and I ended up spending the day playing and having a great time.  I am one happy mama and so proud of all my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment