Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Menu for the week of 02/14/11

I wanted to have this posted by Monday but that didn't happen.  It is a little late but it is here.  I keep getting asked why do I feed my family since my grocery budget is $400 month and that includes all groceries, all health & beauty products, all paper products, all personal/feminine products, all pet foods, all cleaning supplies, etc.  It covers everything, even my CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid money comes from our grocery budget.  So, I thought it would be neat to post our weekly menu plans.

Breakfast:
Banana Bread
Applesauce Bread
Smoothies & PB Toast
Yogurt & PB Toast
Oatmeal
Pumpkin Muffins
Egg Sandwiches
Scones
** We don't eat all of this for breakfast in 1 week- I make sure I have all the ingredients available to make the above.  I never know what I am going to have to time to make- so we have this list of breakfast possibilities**

Lunch:
We pack the boys lunches for school and it consists of a sandwich, popcorn or crackers- PB or cheese, and a type of fruit and of course a drink.  The older boys take reusable containers to school and drink water.  Nathan is the only 1 that I buy Capri Suns for as he hasn't quite grasped the concept of bringing the container home.  For lunch for the baby and myself consists of a sandwich, popcorn or crackers and fruit also- we also drink water for lunch.

Dinner:
Mon- Taco Bake & Salad
Tue- Taco chicken Tortillas, mashed potatoes and veggies
Wed- Fish sticks, Mac & Cheese and veggies
Thurs- Breakfast night- egg, sausage, cheese sandwiches and fruit
Fri- Homemade pizza
Sat- Pasta with Cheese sauce and veggies

We normally don't cook on Saturdays and Sundays but here recently my 2 older children have had a growth spurt and decided that they need to eat everything:)  So, instead of our normal 5 dinner meal plan we have had to come up with 6 dinners.

So that is a look at our meal plan for this week.  I will post next weeks menu plan on Monday.  Have a great week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment