Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hubby Valentine Challenge

I know several of you are anxious to see if we really only spent $20 total for Valentines Day.  If you read our Valentines Day post, you will know that we had a fabulous Valentines Day.  We did go over our Valentine challenge by $1- not bad and that was to increase the tip for lunch. 

My $5 bought:

What you don't see are the Valentines Day nerds- he got into those already:)  I did get him a card- that threw him off- he looked at the back of the card and it said $2.30.  He was ready to bust me about going over- then I informed him that I bought the card at the Dollar Tree and it was $0.50 and didn't come out of the Valentine money.  I used the change in my pocket to buy that card.  It isn't the card so much as what is written in it:)  He got Valentines Day nerds- for my nerd, Love lollipops for my love and Reese's hearts for the way he makes my heart feel:)  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, caring and supportive husband.

I got from him:
a cute teddy bear with Reese's hearts attatched- in case you can't tell- we love Reese's here:)  Michael was so impressed that he still had a shiny nickel left over.

As you can tell, we had an awesome Valentines day and stayed (mostly), within our challenge of only spending $20 total for Valentines Day.  I love these challenges and cannot wait to do another one.  Maybe the next one, you will join us:)

P.S.  I have been asked, why I named this "hubby challenge"?  My hubby knows that I can take $1 and do amazing things with it.  My hubby on the other hand needs to be challenged to be more creative.  He has gotten alot better over the years.  Normally, he picks up the first thing he sees, doesn't matter how much it cost and thinks it is the most perfect gift ever.  I needed a "challenge" to prove to him that with a little thought he could find the perfect gift without spending a mini fortune:)

No comments:

Post a Comment