Thursday, July 6, 2017

Come Along With Me......

As I show you how our family saved money last week.

Normally, on our no spend months, temptation hits hard.  Even on no spend months, I see something I want but do not have the cash for.  No worry, whip out my credit card and pay it off later.  That is one of the reasons we are in the financial mess we are currently in :(

For this no spend month, we enlisted help.  Help from our boys.  We told the boys that if mommy and daddy did not use their credit card for the whole month, that we could have pizza at the end of the month.  They are so excited.  Every time I get home from grocery shopping, Nathan asks me if I used my credit card.  When I say No, he does a happy dance :)

Getting the boys involved has helped so much.  When we go to the store and they see something they want, they normally ask if we can buy it.  Now, they know that if they don't have the money and we are not using our credit card, they are fine not getting the item.  They know if it is something they really want, they can put in on their birthday wishlist.

When we went grocery shopping on Saturday, we took out an extra $50.  We are going to use $24 for pizza, soda, ice cream sandwiches and Cool Whip for Nathan's birthday, which is coming up soon.  I will have a teenager in the house again- oh my :)  We will use $23 for pizza, soda and ice cream at the end of the month.

Last week, was super easy not finding any temptation to use our credit card.  Nathan and I volunteered for Vacation Bible School at our church.
VBS is such a rewarding and exhausting experience.  By the time we got home, we ate a late lunch and took a well deserved nap.  Then it was time to make dinner.  Other than church, we didn't go anywhere or buy anything. Until Saturday.  We had our huge grocery shopping adventure.  That alone was tiring.  We spent over $200 at 1 store.  After going to 3 stores, we were done.  Came home, put everything away, ate lunch and stayed put :)

Staying strong on our No Spend Adventure.  I can't wait to see what is in store for the upcoming week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment