Thursday, May 15, 2014

Our Mother's Day Fun

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.  I hope your loved ones spoiled you.

I went grocery shopping on Saturday, so I could relax and have nothing to do on Mother's Day.  Did I do nothing on Mother's Day?  The answer is NO :)

My alarm woke me up bright and early at 6am on Sunday morning.  I then realized I had forgotten to make breakfast the night before.  So instead of relaxing and drinking my coffee out on the lanai, I was making breakfast.

Mother's Day for me is met with mixed emotions.  I am blessed to the mommy to 4 wonderful boys.  But at the same time, I miss my mother so much.  Mother's Day was the last day I talked to my mom, it was the last day I hugged my mom, it was the last day I saw her smile before she passed away and went to be with the Lord.

I tried so hard to contain my emotions and tried so hard to enjoy my day with my family.  I couldn't contain the tears any longer and just lost it.

I am so lucky my hubby took the boys off for an adventure so I had some time for think, pray and cry:)

They came back with some gorgeous flowers and a card almost as big as little Michael :)  And the tears flowed again- but this time, they were happy tears :)

My day didn't have any time for relaxing but we did make some memories of our own:
Nathan reading the directions to make sugar cookies
Baked and patiently waiting for them to cool
Mother's Day Smores
Borrowing Owls

My day may not have gone how I had planned but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  We had fun.  We made sugar cookies, had smores and I ended the day with a nice walk to visit the borrowing owls~ they are just so cute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment