Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time saving tip

Did you know.....

That is takes the same time to prepare 1 cup of rice that it does the whole bag??  When I go grocery shopping and need rice, I immediately pick up a 2 lb bag of long grain rice.  When we want to have rice with dinner, I use 4 cups of rice and 8 cups of water (you will have a half of a cup leftover- I put this in a ziploc bag in my pantry and add to it until it becomes a full cup and will use it then).  Let it come to a boil- reduce the heat to simmer, put a lid on it and walk away from it for 20 minutes.  When 20 minutes is up, we have a large pot of rice. We eat however much we are going to eat with dinner.  When dinner is over, we put the rice in a gallon ziploc bag and throw it into the freezer to have the next week we have rice.  We found out that you can freeze already cooked rice and when you want to use it, microwave it and it tastes just the same as if you just cooked it.  It works for us and it is one less thing I have to worry about when cooking dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment