Thursday, October 14, 2010

Remember to...

Always make it a habit to look at your receipt before you leave the store if possible- it makes it easier if there is a problem.  If possible, watch the register to see what prices ring up as.  I know that can be difficult.  I admit I always don't watch the register because I am usually paying attention to one of the kids but I always make it a habit to scan the receipt while I'm walking to the exit.  And I'm glad I do- I was at Rite Aid and the totals didn't seem right so I scanned the register screen and found the problem- the PediaCare Gentle Vapors were ringing up $8.99 instead of $6.99.  The register said that the regular price was $8.99 and the sale price was $8.99- I asked the cashier how it could be the sale price if it is the regular price, she giggled, made sure I purchased the correct product and adjusted the price of the item for me.  This item qualifies for a single check rebate of $6.99- if I had of paid the $8.99 price and submitted it for the single check rebate, I would have only received back $6.99.  So, if you don't already do so, try to make it a habit to do a quick scan of your receipt before leaving the store especially if the totals seem off to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment