Thursday, January 5, 2017

Our 2017 Goals

I know a lot of people are sitting down and jotting down their 2017 New Year Resolutions.  I gave up on the word resolution some time ago. I renamed them goals :( 

I wanted to make goals for our family.  In the beginning, I would be so hyped up for this new journey.  I had the best of intentions, but sadly never followed through with them.  I would get so discouraged that I never devoted the time to completing them.

Now in 2017, I didn't even want to set any goals for this year.  But then I realized that sometimes goal setting can be positive.  After much thought, I came up with 4 goals for our family for 2017.

They are:
1) To get out of credit card debt- we are currently sitting at $9,919.34
2) To finally lose this extra "baby" weight- this has been a goal for a few years but some how the scale went in the opposite direction and instead of needing to lose 10-15 pounds that number has crept up to 35 pounds :(
3) For Nathan and myself to get new glasses.  I desperately need new glasses, we have figured out that super glue is not all that super or permanent :(
4) To get a new to us vehicle.  I LOVE the fact that our vehicle is paid off and do not look forward to having a vehicle payment but our poor poor van is on its last breath :(  We keep having to take it in to the mechanic and right now are paying $500 a month just to pay off the repair bills :(

To help with the first 2 goals, I am not thinking of them as goals for this year.  I am thinking of them as mini monthly challenges.  I am hoping that by setting mini challenges that I will follow through better and am hoping that they will be become positive habits :)

By setting up small challenges, I hope to trick my brain into not thinking of a long year commitment but rather a short monthly challenge.  Baby steps :)

My Mini Monthly Challenge for January is starting with eating a healthy lunch.  I do a good job for breakfast.  I eat oatmeal with fruit every single day.  Recently, I have discovered a warm cereal recipe that is sooo delicious.  I have been eating that instead of my normal fruity oatmeal.  Now for lunch, I am having a Chocolate Banana Avocado Spinach Protein Smoothie- Mmmmmm.  It is good and filling.  For dinner, I am eating what is on our dinner menu plan.  Like I said Baby steps.  One of my favorite You Tubers states that losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  I am curious to see what is going to happen at the end of this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment