Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 2017 Challenge Update

It has only been a week on my January Challenge but I am super excited.  I have been doing so well with my mini challenge of eating a healthy breakfast and lunch.

For breakfast, I have been having a delicious warm cereal bowl.  It really is so good and filling. Mmmmm.  For lunch, I have been making myself a smoothie containing 2 bananas, a date, 1 cup of unsweet almond milk, 1 scoop of vegan chocolate protein powder, 1/4 of an avocado and a large handful of spinach, swiss chards and kale mix.  Sometimes, I throw in 4-6 strawberries and oh my it is so tasty.  For dinner, I eat what I fix for my family.

I am so excited that I have lost a pound- YAY :)  Now I know that if kick up my exercise a notch and cut out the snacking and desserts, I am sure that I might lose a little bit more.  But I know me.  And I know that I will go hardcore for about a week or 2, then something will come up that throws off my whole schedule and bam the whole work out, no snacking goes right out the window.  I am a very emotional eater. 

For my exercise, I have been taking it light.  I am following a 30 day crunch, leg raise and plank routine that my son sent me from Pinterest.  I have also been doing 10 minutes on my Gazelle and 10 minutes on my bike :)  I feel great.

So far so good on my baby steps.

I will check in with you next week and let you know how things are going :)


No comments:

Post a Comment