Thursday, September 3, 2015

Little Michael's birthday

How is it that someone that looked like this:
Now looks like this:
Sniffle Sniffle.  It seems like only yesterday, we were on our way to the hospital to be induced.  It feels like I blinked and now my littlest one is 6 years old.

All he wanted for his birthday was a Paw Patrol cake.  No problem.  I can totally do that or so I thought.  I just knew that between my hubby's artistic side and my mad frosting skills, we could come up with the perfect Paw Patrol cake- hahahaha :)

Hubby did a great job cutting the cake to make it look a like a dog bone.  With our time issues, I ran out and bought frosting~ fluffy marshmallow to be exact.  I thought that the fluffy frosting might spread more evenly on the cake.  Boy was I wrong.  The word marshmallow should have given it away.  It basically had the consistency of a heated up marshmallow.  Super sticky, super messy and sliding off the cake.  I have never had so many issues :(  But I kept working with it and came up with this (a big mess):


Be kind~ LOL :)  And then it hit me.  It doesn't matter what the cake looks like.  Little Michael was so touched that we made him a Paw Patrol cake, he didn't care about how it looked.  And he said it tasted great :)  So maybe it wasn't so bad :)

Little Michael is so full of love, laughter and life.  We definitely keeps me on my toes :)  I have loved watching him grow into the little boy he is now.  I just wish I could hit the pause button.  All my boys are growing faster than I wish they would.  Sniffle Sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment