Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July 2015 Goal Update

How did we do with our July goals?  Let's see:

1) To not eat out or at least to not pay out of pocket, with the exception of tips. If we want to treat the family to a meal out, we will make sure we have a gift card to cover all of us.
Did fabulous with this goal.  

2) Pay off our last credit card
Still chipping away at this.  We are very thankful that we were able to make a nice big dent in this credit card balance :)

3) Not to use any of our credit cards for 2015. To pay cash for everything.
Doing great with this :)

4) To maintain our grocery budget. Our current grocery budget is $400 month for our family of 6. Our goal is to use up to that amount to feed our family healthy nourishing meals.  If we are lucky enough to come under our monthly budget, we will save that amount.
We did great and ended up with $9 left :)


5) To create a monthly meal plan for our family, to use leftovers more efficiently and to make use of everything in our pantry and freezer.
Doing fabulous with this.

6) Lose weight- My goal is to lose 10lbs this year.
I was able to drop this goal back down to losing 10 pounds- yea!!  I didn't exercise as much as I would have liked.  Time to change that and lose this baby weight :)

7) Complete the Couch to 5K with hubby
Did not complete any of the Couch to 5K program :(

8) Morning devotions, prayer time and more bible reading
Doing great with our church's website, which will read the bible verses to you :) 

9) Monthly date night with hubby- whether we go out or stay at home, pop popcorn and rent a movie
We had a double date night :)  We went to the movies with Chris and his girlfriend.


10) To spend quality family time together. With everyones schedule and us running all over creation, I would love to spend more quality time together- no tv- us playing games, talking, enjoying each others company.  I think we are going to claim Saturday's as family fun day:)
We attempted a Saturday Family Fun day by going to the zoo only to have it pour and we were unable to go :(

11) Not to use our dryer to save on electricity and lower our electricity bill
Doing fabulous, by not using the dryer, I now have the electric bill down to what I was paying for our teeny house back in Virginia.  Not using the air or heat is a huge plus also.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Florida weather :)

12) To do 1 project a month and blog about it
Wow- I really need to get on the ball with these monthly projects.  I have several in the works and hope to get them done soon :)
 
13) My older boys want to run a 5K~ a color run to be more specific.  So, I am jumping on board with them, after I finish my Couch to 5K program :)
Still waiting to hear the color run date.  Which is great since my running days have kind of fizzled out :(

14) To make and use more non toxic cleaners
I am still researching and working on this one :)

How did you do with your July goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment