Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 2015 Monthly Project

Our February monthly project was to make Mayonnaise.

I was interested to see if I could actually make Mayo.  And after reading Laura's wonderful blog post about her scrambled oil eggs, I became a little nervous about the whole mayo making process.

I used this recipe for this project.

But we decided to try and see what happened.  And here is what happened:
Here are the egg yolks, salt, vinegar and sugar- looks yummy right??
S-L-O-W-L-Y letting the oil dribble in the yolk mixture while the blender is blending
Look- I did it.  I made Mayo :)
 As Laura pointed out, slowly adding your oil is the key to making homemade mayonnaise.  Thankfully, we don't use a lot of mayo so I don't see myself making this anytime in the future.  I used it to make ranch dressing for my lunch salads.  It was yummy :)

2 comments:

  1. How long does your ranch dressing keep in the fridge? Can you repost the recipe the link doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of dressing it makes lasts me a week and I eat a salad for lunch everyday. Sorry for the link not working. I think I fixed it. The recipe I use is from Heavenly Homemakers and here is the link:

      http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/healthy-homemade-salad-dressing-ideas

      Enjoy :)

      Delete