Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Our Saturday Fun Day

Those you of who I am Facebook friends with, you already know the fun details of my birthday celebration.

Well, I am officially out of my 30's. My dad told me that 40 was not too bad and to let him know how I feel in 20 years- Thanks Dad :)

I started Saturday with a trip to the Farmer Market and then off to the stores.  I did not want to go shopping on my actual birthday:)  Before heading out to the Farmer's Market, little Michael announced that he wanted to make me a cake.  But not any cake would do, he insisted that he needed to make me a Yoshi cake.  Who am I to argue- I do like Yoshi~ he is cute :)

I gave hubby the cake and frosting recipe and left for the Farmer's Market.  I was dreaded coming home.  I just knew that my kitchen would be a mess.  I had visions of cake batter all over the cabinets and frosting dripping from the ceiling.  I just knew that my 5 year old and 10 year old would be covered in a thick layer of flour:)

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into a clean kitchen.  The cake was made and was cooling, waiting to be frosted~ yay :)

We fed the boys lunch and headed out for our own lunch date.  We had a gift card for Red Lobster.  It was a weird feeling not having the boys with us.  We actually were able to talk.  I must admit it was kind of nice.  We need to start making this a regular event.  We have lots of gift cards.

After lunch, we headed to the gun range.  Before my birthday, hubby asked how much we was allowed to spend.  He got a confused look on his face when I said $0.  I then suggested that we take the money we would normally spend on my birthday, his birthday and our anniversary and go to the gun range.  I wish I could have captured his expression.   He was grinning ear to ear.

I was nervous, I have never shot a gun before.  I had no clue what I was doing.  The guys at the range were nice and gave me detailed instruction on what to do and even made me do it.  I was doing fine until the shell casing bounced off the divider and hit me in the neck.  Wow- shell casings are hot.  I have a nice burn mark on my collarbone.  Note to self, next time, where a shirt that covers my collarbone :)  For a person who has never shot before, I think I did a darn good job:
 After spending a few hours at the gun range, we made out way home.  I took care of my nice little burn while hubby made me a nice birthday dinner.  Little Michael could hardly contain himself.  He wanted to rush through dinner do he could get a piece of his cake masterpiece.  I think they did a really good job on the cake.  Hubby did the frosting:
The cake was super delicious.  I was so proud of my husband~ he helped Nathan and Michael make not only a cake but frosting from scratch.  Now, he has no excuse.  He usually tells me that he cannot cook and that he doesn't want to make anybody sick :)

I had a nice birthday day.  I got to have a lunch date and some range time with my hubby and then came home to spend the rest of the evening with my boys.  I am so blessed :)  So far 40 isn't so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment