Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Our Family Fun Adventure

We have been so busy, we almost forgot we hadn't seen Santa.  Time was running out but we needed to coordinate with Christopher's work schedule.  Finally a Sunday off :)

We decided to pack a lunch, go to church, head to Bass Pro Shops right after church and see Santa.  We get to Bass Pro Shops at 1pm and the nice Santa Helpers were handing out tickets to see Santa at 5pm.  How was I going to occupy the kids for 4 hours at Bass Pro Shops, there is only so much to do and see.

We went out to the van and had our picnic lunch:)  Then we wandered around the store until the boys got bored.  We decided to wonder outside and see what other stores this outside mall had.  We discovered a pirate ship play land- Jackpot!!  They had fun playing with the other kids.  The time seemed to fly by.  4:30 came and the boys had to say bye to the kids they were playing with.

Off to see Santa.  We stand in the long line.  I was so proud of Nathan and Michael, they were very nice and patient waiting to see Santa.  They were showing us how they were going to smile.  We finally get to see Santa and this happens:
At least Michael is smiling, somewhat.  Poor Nathan looks like he is not too sure of this Santa guy :)  I think he was exhausting with waiting and playing :)

I know it could have been worse.  At least this year, no one was crying.  I am pretty sure on the hour drive home that they both fell asleep.  I know I was exhausted and would have loved to nap but someone had to drive :)

I know where our next Family Fun Adventure will take us.  I can't wait to share it with you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment