Monday, January 21, 2013

My Declutter Goal for the week of 01/21/2013

Most of you are anxiously awaiting the pictures of our brand spanking new counters.  Wellllll, so are we:) 

You could blame it on the snow storm we got but that is not the entire reason we don't have our fabulous counters put in.  The guy I have coming out to do the work got really sick with some nasty icky virus early last week.  I told him to please keep his virus in his neck of the woods and that we did not want anything to do with it:)

I am happy to report that as of yesterday, he called to let me know that he is feeling 110% better.  Unfortunately, he is booked for the rest of January.  No biggie.  I didn't exactly get everything on my declutter/cleaning goal from last week anyhow.

Many thanks to the lovely snow storm that knocked out our power on my birthday no less:)  We had no power and no heat.  We bundled up in layers of clothes to keep warm.  We buried some of our refrigerator contents in the snow until my hubby could get home and start up the generator to keep the refrigerator going. 

I was bound and determined to the make the best of the situation.  It was my birthday and I wasn't going to feel sorry we didn't have any power.  We had fun playing board and card games.  I am all played out of Monopoly.  I guess I never realized how many different Monopoly games Kevin owns.

So, this week, we are going to finish our living room declutter/clean project since this week is going to be a short one for us- we are taking a homeschool field trip to the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center in Virginia Beach.  Here are my decluttering and cleaning goals for this week for our living room:

1)  Clear all clothes off couch

2)  Clean off coffee table

3) Clear off table behind couch

4)  Scrub living room walls

5)  Clean living room windows

6)  Scrub front door and clean glass door

7)  Measure trim around glass window in living room

8)  Clean off desk

9)  Vacuum living room floor and sweep and mop living room tile

10)  Move couches, clean underneath and vacuum

My hopes is that when the weather warms up, we will open the windows and paint the living room.  We need to replace the trim around the glass window in the living room and to hang our new family pictures.

If you have a room in your house you want to get under control~make a plan to get it done this week. Make a list of what you need to accomplish for 1 room.  Use what available times and days you have to get the list of your projects done.  I will update later this week and show you the progress we have made in our living room:)

No comments:

Post a Comment