Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Declutter Goal for this week

It has finally stopped raining and now they are calling for snow.  Chris is hoping for a nice snowfall and school closing.  Nathan loves school so he is hoping for snow to play in but not school closing.  Poor Kevin wants snow but for him school never closes- got to love homeschool:) 

And to make matters more interesting, I finally lined up a date to get my kitchen counter replaced- WOOHOO:)  With the holidays and our original counter not cut correctly, the installation got pushed further and further.  The guy coming out to install the counter finally has an opening in his schedule- this Saturday.  While I am excited about finally getting my new counter out of my bedroom and actually on my counter, I don't have much notice to get my house in order.  My living room is not cluttered so much as it is messy.

Why is it that every time we travel, it looks like a clothing factory exploded in our living room?  I wash all the clothes in all the clothes hampers and then they get placed on the couch so that we can pack what we need.  Unfortunately, the clean clothes we are not packing never make it to their original destination before we leave.  I can only imagine what my mother in law is saying when she comes over to feed our cat and sees the chaos in our living room:)

So, lets see what we can get done before Saturday morning.  Here is our decluttering goal for this week:

1)  Put away all clothes on couch~ got this done

2)  Clean off table behind couch and go through the boxes from my dad~ got this done and have box ready to go to Goodwill

3)  Clear off coffee table

4)  Get toys under control~ got this done

5)  Clean off my computer desk

6)  Get everything out of kitchen

7)  Move kitchen table

I was able to get some of my list completed today~ yea:)  If you have a room in your house you want to get under control~ go for it.  Make a list of what you need to accomplish for 1 room.  Use tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday or whatever days you have available to get your list completed.

I will let you all know next week how our kitchen counter project goes and hopefully will have pictures of our nice new kitchen counter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment