Monday, June 13, 2011

Exercise Challenge- Day 1

Today kicks off the Exercise Challenge:)  Here is what I did this morning:

5 mins brisk walking
3 minutes running with 1 minute walking for a total of 20 minutes
45 seconds of jumping jacks
1 minute of walking
45 seconds of jumping jacks
5 minutes of cool down walking

Please don't feel you have to follow my exercise routine.  I didn't start running 3 minutes right off the bat.  I had started running before my mother passed away and then stopped and started off and on.  I originally started running 1 minute with 1 minute walking for 20 minutes and I could barely get through 30 seconds of jumping jacks.  Each week I push myself an extra minute of running and I do as many jumping jacks as I can.  I am very proud of myself for getting up to 3 minutes of running and be able to do 45 seconds of jumping jacks.  I look forward to seeing what I can accomplish in the weeks ahead.

Want to join in the exercise challenge?  Or you may be asking yourself what is this exercise challenge- you can read all about it here and decide if you want to join me in this fun:)  And for all your hard work, there will be a gift card giveaway at the end of this challenge:)

No comments:

Post a Comment