Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crazy bread prices

With bread at Walmart reaching $1.30, I knew I had to do something about buying bread for my family.  I have made bread from scratch before, with the help of my trusty breadmaker and my family loves homemade bread.  Unfortunately, my breadmaker got ruined when we had a nasty leak under our sink.  So, I knew I had to search other avenues as I was not going to pay $1.30 for a loaf of bread.  A kind friend of mine told to me to check out my Dollar Tree.  I was amazed when I found Sunbeam bread with a $2.99 sticker on it for $1- YEA!!!! Whenever I get the chance and find myself going by the Dollar Tree, I pop in and grab 4 loaves of bread and throw them in the freezer.  That is until I accidentally found...... Martins.  I went in to get some bread that was on sale for $0.89 a loaf and discovered the mark down rack.  There I discovered bread marked down to $0.50 loaf- oh my.  I looked at the sell by date- still a week out.  WOOHOO- grab 4 loaves for $2- definately beats the Dollar Tree.  We keep out what we will use for the week and freeze the rest.  So, the next time you pass a Martins grocery store you may want to pop in real quick and take advantage of this wonderful deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment