Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tropical Smoothie PB Cup Copycat Recipe

For those who have followed here for a while know that I had a LOVE for Starbucks while we were in Virginia.  Don't get me wrong, I still do love Starbucks, just not as much anymore.  For some reason, I don't crave sugar as much as I used to :)  The last time I went to Starbucks, I ordered my usual and it was way too sugary.  To my older boys delight, I couldn't finish it, it made my poor tummy hurt :(

While out shopping a new place caught my eye, Tropical Smoothie.  What is this place?  I love smoothies.  So, Kevin and I popped in to see what this place was all about.  There is a lot on their menu so I asked what items on their menu were diary free, since my poor old body can't process diary now :(  The nice young man said 3 words that made me happy~ Peanut Butter Cup.  I didn't hear anything else.  I replied with let's try that :)

Thankfully, Kevin and I planned on splitting a drink since we weren't even sure if we were going to like them.  Tropical Smoothie only has 1 size- 24 oz or BIG :)  It is perfect for Kevin and I to split and be full.

At first sip, it was like heaven on my tongue.  I could taste the perfect peanut butter chocolate combination.  I knew I just had to figure out how to make these at home because I can't afford a $5 drink every time I go out :)

As soon as we got home, I looked on the Tropical Smoothie website for the ingredients for the PB Cup Smoothie.  Peanut Butter, Bananas and Chocolate.  Sounds easy.  Let's give it a try :)
I started out with 1 C Cashew Milk~ you can sub any kind of milk, 3 frozen bananas, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder and 2 very large spoon fulls of Peanut Butter all in my blender and blended.  My end result:
 Super yummy goodness.  It is very super close to Tropical Smoothie's Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie :)  I am super excited that it only took me 1 try to get this one.  Now I can sip Chocolate PB goodness anytime I want from the comfort of my own home :)

Give it a try and let me know what you think :)  Have you been to a Tropical Smoothie?  What is your favorite drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment