Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Our Spring Break Adventures

We had so much planned for the boys to spend their Spring Break.  We were so excited but we also didn't want to feel rushed.  So, we did what we could and took our time.  I must say, I love not having to set my alarm at 6am to get the boys that go to school up and ready.  I wish I could say I was well rested but truthfully, my mind said you don't have to set your alarm you can sleep in- stay up just a little more.  Well, I listened and ended up staying up later than I had planned.  But I get to sleep in right??  Well, not exactly.  My 3 yr old alarm didn't quite understand that it was Spring Break and mommy needed just a bit more sleep:)

Here is how we spent our Spring Break:
~Monday- nothing exciting- just grocery shopping:)

~Tuesday- Story Time at the library and an Easter Egg Hunt.  I was surprised that only 4 kids showed up and 2 of them were mine.  Our librarian told us that there were well over 1000 eggs hidden- oh my:)  The boys had a blast.  After the hunt had begun about 7 or 8 kids showed up to enjoy in the Easter Egg Madness:)

~Wednesday- We went to Maymont.  The boys had so much fun looking at and petting the animals, we got to try some Kale (which was yummy), they got to plant some radish seeds (unfortunately they didn't make it home all in 1 piece), climbed some really big rocks and had some great adventures:)






~Thursday- we were still tired from our Maymont trip so we decided to stay at home (by we I mean the adults).  We took the boys to the playground to burn off some energy.  Where they got the energy from~ I am still trying to figure out:)


~Friday- we were supposed to have a picnic lunch at the park.  But Kevin's eye was swollen and very red.  He said going outside caused a burning feeling in his eye- so not fun.  So, off to the doctor we went.  It was discovered that Kevin got something in his eye and rubbed his eye causing whatever was in his eye to scratch his eye.  So, we had to stay home for the rest of the week to let his eye rest and heal.

~Saturday- my dad came by see if we could get the kitchen counter installed.  After a vehicle incident, not accident, incident he finally got to our house.  Our counter installation was a long full exhausting day.  Anything that could go wrong did and them some.  But we finally got it done.  And I must say~ I love my new counter.  It is so new and shiny:)  I didn't get an upclose before picture of our counter, so imagine a green dull counter.  But now:

Even though we did have to make a doctor's visit, we still had a really great Spring Break:)  Now back to reality and alarm setting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment