Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My shopping day for 03/28/2011

As many of you know, Mondays are my grocery shopping days.  This works out well for us with our schedules.  I was so happy to come home and total up all my receipts and still came under budget for the week- YEA!!!  And I only used 1 coupon :)  Here is a breakdown of the stores I went to yesterday:

Target:
1 loaf of bread- $0.84- the only loaf left
Lucky Charms- $2.99
Total: 3.93

Martins:
5 lb bag of potatoes- $2.00
5 lb ground beef- $6.49 x 2
Gorton Fish Fillets- $2.99
Bread- $0.50 x 4- marked down:)
Total: $20.39

Dollar Tree:
Qtips- $1.00

Kroger:
Tyson Chicken Breast- $0.99 lb x 13.08 lbs
Rice cakes- $1.79 x 2
Total: $16.94

Walmart:
Bananas- $2.53
Apple Juice: $2.48
2% milk- $2.99
Skim milk- $2.69 x 3
1/4 lb Cheddar cheese- $1.68
Frozen green beans- $0.87
Frozen corn- $1.84
Tator Tots- $1.97
Hi-C drink boxes- $1.68
Peanut Butter- $2.92
Grape Jelly- $1.48
Coffeemate creamer- $3.12
Trashbags- $3.64
Cooktop scrubby pads- $1.97
Yeast- $4.14
Butter- small tub- $1.08
Hamburger buns- $1.00 x 2
Green Pepper- $0.68
Total: $41.88
Coupon used: FREE Coffeemate creamer

Total spent:
$84.19

I took pics of some of the above groceries especially the great deal I got on bread and meat:)  For some odd reason, I cannot seem to locate my camera cord to download the pics onto the computer to upload here.  It seems to have grown legs and walked away:)  With 4 boys, I am surprised that doesn't happen more often. 

I was very happy to have come in under budget plus I was able to get 10 lbs of ground beef and 13 lbs of chicken- that should last us not only for the month of April but for May as well:)  That should help keep us under budget for April- hopefully.  We shall see.  One of our 2011 goals is to cut our grocery budget even further.  With our van leaking a crazy amount of antifreeze and needing to refill several times a week, this made us go over budget.  The van is fixed now, many thanks to my wonderful father:)  So, we are ready to see if we can get under budget for April.

You may also notice that some of the above is not what we usually buy, like the Gortons fish fillets & the Lucky Charms.  I buy the cereal for Nathan, since he will not eat oatmeal plus he shares with his baby brother.  The Gortons fish fillets I won from playing the Kroger Instant win game.  I went to Kroger to get these last week and noticed that they only have 6 fillets in them- that is not going to last in this house.  I noticed that Martins had them on sale for $2.99 this week, so I picked up another box- the boys are going to be so excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment