Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sorry for the delay on the Rite Aid for the week of 01/09/11.  My plan was to have the Rite Aid ad printed up before the weekend got here unfortunately it didn't happen that way.  We had a death in the family and it hit us hard.  Even though we knew that this day was coming as he was dealing with cancer, it was still hard to deal with.  If you could keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, that would mean the world to me.  We feel so blessed with the time that we got to spend with him.  His suffering and trips to the emergency room are over.  I prayed constantly for his healing but it wasn't until he passed and I had the opportunity to talk with my mother that I realized that he was healed- not for us but to go home with our Lord and to be reunited with his beautiful wife and son that passed before him.  My mother called it spiritual healing.  I also feel so blessed to have gotten the opportunity to go and sit with him on Sunday.  Even though he drifted in and out of sleep and it sounded like he was sleeping the entire time we were there, he looked at me- it was then I felt the urge to hold his hand and pray for him and with him.  When I placed my hand in his, it may have been the muscle spasms but it felt like he lightly squeezed my hand as if he were letting me know that his time was near and that everything would be OK.  It is this memory I will carry with me- I feel so blessed to have shared this time with him in the end.  I know that Pop Pop would not want us to mourn for him but to celebrate his life- his wonderful full life.  He had so many accomplishments and shared so many wonderful stories.  He was and will always be a wonderful grandfather and great grandfather.  When leaving my husbands aunt's house on Sunday, I realized we hadn't told him goodbye and then it hit me- I don't want to say goodbye- more like until we meet again.  I know that one day we will see each other again- so until then I will hold his memories dear and near to my heart and share with my children the wonderful man Pop Pop was:)

No comments:

Post a Comment