Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Our Trip to Georgia :)

Things you don't see behind the computer screen are frustration, hurt or sadness.  I was struggling and needed a break.  I noticed my boys were frustrated more than normal with their school work- they needed a break.  Hubby and I decided we needed time away from it all.

Without getting into too many details, I feel that people need to remember....

Words can be a powerful tool.  They can be uplifting, encouraging and positive. They can also be destructive, hurtful and damaging.  I urge you to take time to process your thoughts before saying something that you can't take back.

Back to our get-a-away :)  With everything going on in the world, we decided that camping would give us the most undistracted family time.  Social distancing in the woods was just what I needed mentally.  We explored Georgia :)

We had quite the fun filled schedule planned.

We started our trip at Crooked River State Park.  It was so nice.  We hiked, we explored and we had a fantastic time.

My Morning View :)

After exploring Crooked River State Park, we headed north to Jekyll Island, where we walked on the beach, saw the Atlantic Ocean, were greeted by various sea critters and learned a lot of history about the Island.






On our way across Georgia, we made a detour to Saint Simons Island to climb the 129 steps to the top of the Lighthouse :)  I still can't believe that we actually made it to the top :)


After our detour and a beautiful picnic lunch right on the water, we finally made it to our final destinations~ Florence Marina State Park and Providence Canyon State Park.  



The views of the canyon were absolutely breath taking.  We got to hike down to the canyon floor and explore many of the canyons and then came back up and got to walk around the top of the canyon :)

I am so happy and grateful that we got this opportunity to spend time away from distractions and got to focus on us and nature :)

I can't wait to see where our next adventure takes us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment