Monday, October 5, 2020

Our eventful weekend.....

 How was your weekend?

We hope you all had a fun and fabulous weekend.  

We had a very eventful weekend....

I was exercising on my glider and listening to Dawn from The Minimal Mom on YouTube talking about Family Minimalism.  I didn't realize that I wasn't the only one listening :)  When I finished, my youngest son told me that not only was he listening but he had this desire to clean his room.  I jumped into action and wanted to take advantage of this rare opportunity.  With the help of both the younger boys we tackled their bedroom.  I wish I had taken before and after pictures of their room.

Decluttering with a 16 year old and an 11 year old is quite entertaining :)  Our 16 year old doesn't want to deal with anything and just wants to throw everything away.  While our 11 year old wants to analyze everything he touches.  I had them make piles.  One pile was to donate, another was trash and another was what they wanted to keep.  Needless to say, there were a few things our 16 year old thought our 11 year old wouldn't notice and needed to be moved back to the keep pile :)

We had to stop for the day when my vehicle was full:

The boys are very happy with the way their room looks now.  We won't talk about their closet.  That is for a different day :)

Now for the Sunday fun :(

The short version:

One of our cats has been dealing with an abscess on and off for the last year.  We are very lucky that our vet has Sunday hours :)  The vet wanted to sedate the cat to get a better look at what was going on.  Well, that turned into a very long surgery :(  On a positive note, we discovered the root of his abscess, got everything taken care of and the cat will make a full recovery :)

Now for the fun part (not really).  We have to try to figure out how to give him medication and flush his ears out twice a day until his post op appointment in 2 weeks.  Please leave any tips or tricks you might have on getting a cat to take liquid medication in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment