Monday, January 21, 2019

My Birthday Adventures

Friday started out like any other day :)  School work, chores and all that day to day stuff.

My youngest son made me a card that melted my heart and hubby came home with a scrumptious Triple Chocolate Cheesecake- yum yum yum!!!!!
Fast forward to Saturday~ Our oldest son took me to the movies to see BumbleBee :)  And yes, I ate entirely too much popcorn at 10 in the morning :(

Later in the afternoon, I had scoped out the perfect place for my small garden.  My container garden didn't exactly grow as planned.  So, I decided to try a small in the ground garden and see if I have better luck.  (Keep your fingers crossed)

I even convinced the boys to take their mother on a birthday walk :)

Normally, Fridays are our pizza and movie night but since Friday was my birthday, pizza night got moved to Saturday.

Everything was going great~ dough was made and rolled out.  Went to preheat the oven and we were not prepared for what happened next.....

All of a sudden we heard a loud noise followed by a glow, like your oven is on fire kind of glow, coming from the oven :(  Not good, not good at all.

Hubby pulled the oven apart and found the source of the sound and glow:
Well, that's not supposed to look like that :(

Hubby called the appliance repair shop and was told that he didn't have the heating element in stock.  It would need to be ordered.

It looks like our oven is out of commission for the rest of this week.  Thankfully, our dinners are crockpot recipes :)

People giggle when I tell them there is never a dull moment in our home.  The "excitement" in our home is not always due to the boys :)

So, how did your weekend go?? What sort of excitement did you have??

No comments:

Post a Comment