Monday, January 28, 2013

Last week's Declutter Goal

I wanted to update you with the progress of our living room decluttering project from last week but didn't get a chance to, that is until now.  Better late than never, right??

Let me give you a reminder as to the decluttering goals I set for myself last week:

1) Clear all clothes off couch

2) Clean off coffee table

3) Clear off table behind couch

4) Scrub living room walls

5) Clean living room windows

6) Scrub front door and clean glass door

7) Measure trim around glass window in living room

8) Clean off desk

9) Vacuum living room floor and sweep and mop living room tile

10) Move couches, clean underneath and vacuum

My living room looked like this before I got to it last week: (Brace yourself, it is not pretty and remember I said it was more messy than cluttered)
 I told you it wasn't pretty- yikes.  We put on some music and got to it and turned our living room into this:
Aside from the surprised kitty- ahhhh much better.  I even took all the books off the younger boys book shelf and made them go through and see which books they wanted to keep and which ones they wanted to give away.  I am so proud of them, they got rid of a decent amount of books.  When dusting the book shelf, I came upon an interesting read- LOL:)
He is such a big goof and such a cutie:)

As you can see we did an awesome job getting the living room under control.  We still have to do some minor work such as painting replacing some trim and what not, but I must say our living room looks and feels so much better:)

What room did you decide to tackle last week and how did you do?  I would love to hear all about it:)

Stay tuned tomorrow as reveal which room we are going to tackle next.



No comments:

Post a Comment